|Steve Westly just sent out an e-mail to his supporters of what they can do come Election Day. The surprise here is definitely Prop. 83. |
Here's the list:
1) Elect Democratic Leadership: It’s time to usher in a new generation of leaders committed to cleaning up our environment, fixing our schools, and providing healthcare to more Californians. That’s why I’ve been working hard to help elect Phil Angelides and the Democratic ticket.
2) Vote Yes on Props. 1A-1E: In the 1950s and 60s, California led the world by building the best public universities, largest state water project, and most modern highways. Propositions 1A-1E will give us the resources we need to reduce congestion and build more schools making California a model for the rest of the world.
3) Vote Yes on Prop 83: The high-tech revolution had its side effects. Today child molesters use the internet to find their victims. California can lead the way by passing Prop 83 to use cutting edge technology to monitor parolees and increase penalties on sex offenders.
4) Vote No on Prop 85: With new judicial appointments on the horizon, a woman’s right to choose is in danger. Voting “No” on Prop 85 will send a message back to Washington that California cares about protecting constitutional rights.
5) Vote No on Prop 90: Prop 90 has hidden provisions that would prevent lawmakers from protecting natural resources, wildlife, water quality, and open spaces. Prop 90 is bad policy. That’s why almost every public interest group in the state opposes it, including the Sierra Club, the Chamber of Commerce, and the California Teachers Association.
Election Day is November 7th. It’s your chance to change the world.